The DJI Agras MG-1 is an octocopter designed for precision variable rate application of liquid pesticides, fertilizers and herbicides, bringing new levels of efficiency and manageability to the agricultural sector. The DJI Agras MG-1 is on the market since 2015.
Here are some of the features of the DJI Agras MG-1:
- Carry up to 10kg of liquid payloads, including pesticide and fertilizer
- An area of 4000- 6000 m² can be covered in just 10 minutes, 40 to 60 times faster than manual spraying operations
- Adjust its spray according to the flying speed, the amount of pesticide or fertilizer is precisely regulated to avoid pollution and economize operations.
Three flight modes according to terrain and specific needs of each missions:
- Smart Mode : the flight can be easily planned with the press of a few buttons, without the need for mapping knowledge or other software solution.
- Manual Plus Mode : the aircraft performs the same turns at the press of a button as it does automatically under the smart mode, allowing for planning to be done on the fly for fields of irregular shape.
- Manual Mode : the pilot freely navigates the aircraft.
- Intelligent memory : The MG1 automatically records its current and remembers its past coordinates. In case the operation interrupted, for example due to depleted battery or spraying liquid, flight easily be resumed from the last point in its memory after changing the battery or refiling its tank.
- Foldable design
- Centrifugal cooling system: equipment used in plant protection operations is susceptible to dust and corrosion, leading to high cost of maintenance and shortened lifespans. To counteract degradation, the MG-1 is designed with a sealed body and an efficient, integrated centrifugal cooling system. As it flies, the surrounding air enters the aircraft body via the front inlet, equipped with a triple filter system that keeps dust and particulate matter from entering. The air then passes through each of the aircraft’s arms to the motors, capturing heat from all components and the entire structure before exiting and dissipating the heat to the surrounding air. The combination of cooling and filtering increases the expected lifespan of each motor by up to three times.
Spray nozzles can be chosen according to the properties of each liquid to optimize atomization, energy efficiency and the amount of liquid sprayed. The included nozzle is resistant to wear and can be used for thousands of hours of effective spraying without degradation. In total, the MG-1 has four nozzles, each placed directly below a motor. The downward airflow generated by the propellers accelerates the spray, increasing its reach. *I didn’t modify these text to be sure don’t forget important element in the summaries
- Intelligent flight control system, the aircraft is able to scan the below terrain in real-time, and adjust to keep a constant, centimeter accurate, height above crops. Spray density is maintained even as the terrain rises and drops, so that the optimal amount of liquid is applied at all times.